Sunday 13 November 2011

Hersheypark 2012

I have been on vacation for the past week..... sadly, it ended tonight.  My travels took me to Montreal, New York, Maryland....and, for the purposes of this blog.... Hershey, PA.

Chocolate World, as always (this was my third trip there), was fun.  We did the free ten-minute Disney-esque ride through a simulated chocolate factory, and then loaded up on chocolate:




It might not be the best chocolate... but its good stuff and my nieces really appreciated the Cookies N Creme bars.

Well... what else could I do while I was there?  Time was limited, as I still had to make the trek back to Toronto that day.  Outlet shopping was essential (no sales tax on clothes in PA)..... and also a trip to visit the local amusement park.... Hersheypark!

But.. you say... is it not November?  Well... yes.  So, the park is closed.  That did not stop me from taking pictures around the outside of the park, which is what I wanted to do.  For, you see, I wanted to get a sneak peek of next year's new roller coaster...... SkyRush!


On to the photos... click for a larger view........

First, I took a look at the front entrance.   Everything is getting spruced up for their Christmas event:





The view in the last picture surprised me.... the front gates were completely open.  And, while it was tempting... I did not enter.  Trespassing is a no-no, no matter how inviting.

So, I walked around the exterior...... and saw the SkyRush construction:





This coaster is going to interact well with the others in the area, especially Comet.

After the walk, we went back to the car and drove out front to where the track is being stored across the street  in a field:




I am told that vertical construction will begin within the week.

I wanted to spend more time photographing the outside of the park, but the rain started kicking up, so I managed a couple of Lightning Racer shots before I took off.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice! Spam will be deleted.